Thursday, December 16, 2010

30 days of truth: days twelve and thirteen

gosh, work, school and bugglette's are ruining my blogging schedule!

but i guess i must admit, it feels nice to be busy, like my days aren't being wasted.  so here we go with two more days.

day twelve:  something you never get compliments on.

well, i can't say never anymore, but it's very rare that i get compliments on how hard i work at my job.  it kinda sucks, but i guess you don't really work for that kind of reward, but it is pretty nice when it does happen.  lee, my manager at papa john's, was the first boss-like figure i have had that really went out of his way to tell me that i did so much around there that days would be harder without me.  he appreciated my hard work, and it did motivate me to work harder.  soon even customers complimented me on how i was always so helpful and courteous.  

but after lee left, it was pretty easy for me to get tired of it again and go off to find a new job.  and don't get me wrong, i totally love my job now (i'm sad i couldn't go in today because of the half-inch of ice covering our street D:), but i probably won't get the kind of thanks i got from him.  he was the best.  :3

day thirteen:  a band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days.

music in general is very soothing to me.  i tend to listen to more nostalgic music when i'm having a tough day, things that remind me of a time when things weren't nearly so bad.

the goo goo dolls is my go-to band, since they are like, one of my favorite bands of all time.  but it's not just that, really.  i learned to love them along with mandy when i was in middle school.  they are the first thing the me and my big sister really had in common.  when we could hang out and listen to them and be all cool, i was finally like, 'ya know what, she doesn't suck that bad'.  :P  so being able to listen to those songs that we first loved really makes me feel better.

mandy and i about to go love us some goo last may.  :D
peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment