Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 days of truth: day four

day four:  something you have to forgive someone for.

this is harder than i thought.  i'd like to say i don't hold grudges.  at least not to the point that they affect my life or that of anybody else.

there was a boy i met a few years ago named shawn.  i don't even remember his last name.  

i can't say i actually forgive him, since he took something for me that somebody else actually deserved.

i don't forgive him.  but i can admit now that it wasn't entirely his fault.  even though i can't forgive him, i can take responsibility and know that without both of us that couldn't have happened.

i shouldn't have let my self-worth rest in the hands of somebody else.  i shouldn't have put myself out there the way i did.  and i shouldn't have convinced myself that he really did want to be with me and that that made it all right.  

i should have said no.  i should have punched him in the fucking face.

so no, i don't really forgive him.  but he's not this horrible black hate tumor in my soul anymore.  he was just a mistake.  and we all make mistakes.

peace.

3 comments:

  1. If we didn't make mistakes, we'd all be emotionless robots.
    I'm glad it's not a black tumor anymore.
    And I lurve you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lurve you, too!

    i don't think about it as much as i used to. the last time i really even discussed it was when i told chris about it, which was really hard and really sucked. but i think it did help me to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad he is not a black tumor anymore, if it makes you feel any better... I still want to punch him in the face

    ReplyDelete