Monday, December 6, 2010

30 days of truth: day two

day two:  something you love about yourself.

i'll have to agree with amber today and say my ability to craft!

well, i guess since i am an art student, i'd have to say i'm pretty proud of my artistic abilities in general.  i love to draw (even though i haven't been doing as much actual drawing as i used too. . .), i love to paint (have you seen my new owl painting!?  it's a few blogs back if you haven't!), i love to just make things in general.

i love it when i see something in a store and think to myself, 'i could make that.'

mandy and i share the craft gene.  we inherited it from our mother, who used to make hair accessories and such from feathers and whatnots back in the seventies.  she also made me a kick ass hat in fifth grade that one me some sort of prize.  it's just in our blood.

as far as creative efforts today, i finished my knives scarf.  it measures in at 155 inches.  it is so long!  i thought with it being that skinny it wouldn't be that warm, but to keep it off the ground you have to wrap it around your neck about three times!

also, mandy saw the girls at work wearing button bracelets, so we had to learn to make those.  the three of us went on a button shopping spree today.  luckily we found the clearance buttons at hancock fabrics, ninety percent off!  i got like eight sets of buttons for $1.16.

    obviously i didn't take this  picture.  you can tell by the christmas nails.  but i did sew this button bracelet!

so yeah.  if i couldn't make all the things i do, i'd go insane from boredom.  expect a massive picture upload tomorrow of me (and possibly mandy) modeling my knives scarf.

peace.

2 comments:

  1. I could fill a page with things I love about you, but I hope you know most of those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's your job to love me, though. :3

    ReplyDelete