Friday, August 27, 2010

hello bloggy.

sorry it's been a bit blog! i still love ya!

just spent an awesome four days with my dude! we had so much fun playing around, and i got to show him how much better i'm getting at driving, and we made a giant cuppycake and some little regular sized cuppycakes and then instead of eating either of those things we had tasty coke floats instead. we played with kittens and kept the craiggy company (he gets so lonely!), made sure all the animals were fed and taken care of (even the fish, though nobody actually told me to feed the fish) and otherwise just had a snuggly cuddly time.

i actually feel bad for having fun, since the reason me and chris had so much alone time was that my family was at a funeral. i hope you don't think of me as an awful person for not going. it was the memorial of my great aunt bonnie, my granny's sister. even though they would visit maybe once or twice a year, i just didn't really know her and honestly was never really comfortable when they whole group would come and visit. they were always there to see granny and never really interested in what the rest of us were doing.

bug however, was slightly devastated. she loved her aunt bonnie. i think because she was just like granny.

don't get me wrong, i am sad about her death. but i think my sadness lies more with the fact that my granny lost her sister and that my mom lost her aunt. i just would have felt incredibly awkward being there. . .

so anyway, had adventures in being home alone. spent almost all of tuesday by myself. everybody left at about eight o'clock in the morning. chris had to be to work at one so he left about 11:30 to get back to shelbyville. managed to make me some breakfast, do laundry and be ready for work extra early. had plenty of time for a mini freak-out when my uncle forgot he was supposed to give me a ride. had an uneventful work day, then had a couple more hours to spend by myself before chris came home.

next two days were much much better. just snugglin' time, movies and cooking and baking. so fun. i miss my dude already.

in other news, i think i'm finally gonna make it this time and get my license! i've been doing SO MUCH DRIVING, much more than ever before. and i must be doing well since dad has actually let me drive into e-town, which has never happened before! i can make it all the way to mandy's work without much trouble. i can get to papa johns with pretty much no trouble at all. i'm still not good at parking, but i'll just park like my mommy and park out in the boonies with no other cars and just walk the rest of the way. :P

in fact, one of my coworkers saw me pull up the other day. he asked me if it was my first time parking cuz i did it so slow. he said i was 'very hesitant'. i just didn't want to hit the concrete bumper thing, i don't know how to judge where it is yet!

that's the hardest part of me driving. and it's hard to explain to other people because they just don't see the way i do. i just have fucked up eyes and kinda have to learn from experience where things are.

like, say i'm at a stop sign and there's a car coming across the other way. to dad, the car if far enough away that i can go. to me, the car looks a lot closer than it is. so i wait. and when about five seconds later the car still hasn't reached me, then i see that i could have gone. but of course by then i really do have to wait for the car to go. and if there's a car behind me, that car is pissed.

so it's basically the experience of other cars being mad at to me that teaches me when it's alright to go. next time i'm at the stop sign and see the car that i think is too close, i'll remember that it wasn't too close and the other car was mad, so i should go.

that seems like a sucky way to have to learn, though. oh well.

think that's it for now.

love you, bloggy.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment