Tuesday, August 10, 2010

a gencon bloggy!

had an awesome time at gencon this year in indianapolis! even though we only got to stay two days instead of the full four much fun was still had. here's just a couple of highlights. :3


a whole dr. who booth in the dealers room! look at that tardis. i snuggled that tardis. i snuggled it so hard. so much stuff, i didn't even imagine this thing would have so much merchandise! action figures, books, puzzles, kitchen stuff, audio, statues EVERYTHING. was awesome.


plenty of these things around for awesome photo ops. i basically tried to get chris to pretend to be eaten by all of them. i had fun, anyway. :P


except in this one, where he's being smooshed. my poor baby. being smooshed in some tentacles.



POWERLIFTER (which is spelled in all caps, i'm not yelling at you i promised) played an awesome show. a show awesome enough to make me jump out of my chair (which i was sitting in in extreme back and leg pain) and jump around (actually i jumped my spine back in to place, win for me!). POWERLIFTER's music is played entirely on gameboys. check them out if you get a chance. the music video for 'buffalo' (my favorite) is on the youtube, go watch it. i'll wait. you can tell me all about it later.


the best tenth doctor cosplayer! look at him bein' all like david tennant only not! he deserves hugs and cookies.


my new d20s for my awesome necklace. i get so many compliments on it, so i definitely had to get it some new colors!


took a short chainmailing class and created some teddy bear armor! much easier than it looks but about ten times more time consuming. bethany ended up finishing it for me while i was at another event with chris, plus i couldn't really get it together right. . .if it wasn't for her my bear would only have a chainmail belt.


the magical badge that can get you anywhere! and it has MY name on it this year. long story, but needless to say, i was not myself last year. . .

basically a lot of nerdy fun was had, i'd recommend it to anyone who has even just a tiny bit of geek in them. there's games and awesome obscure stuff to be found, lots of people in costumes and not to mention that indy is just a sooper awesome fun town that welcomes gen con with open arms every year! it's so great!

lots of love, peace and nerdiness. :3




1 comment:

  1. awwww, i lurve when you blog. And omg, i wanna make teddy bear armor!! I think finsters mac bear could use some!! Lol <3

    ReplyDelete