Monday, August 2, 2010

a freaky dream blog.

slept in late again today/yesterday because of a freaky dream.

as always, here's some back story for this dream. at about ten o'clock this morning, mom comes in my room with bug and tells me she's taking mandy to work and that bug wants to go back to sleep. so of course bug just climbs up in my bed, takes most of my blanket and somehow manages to cover half my bed with her little six-year-old body. at little after eleven or so, she hears the van pull up, hops out of bed and goes to find mom.

and i go back to sleep.

and in my dream, i wake up in my room and chris is sleeping next to me. i roll over, look at him, and ask him why he was here and not at work. he tells me he called in because he just really wanted to see me. so we have a lovey-dovey moment, then chris sneezes and i notice his eye looks funny. when he sneezes it looks like it's about to pop out.

a little more back story: there was a time, not super long after we started dating when chris was complaining that his eye was twitching. we would talk about whether or not we should be concerned, and my response was usually 'it's not like it's gonna pop out or anything'.

i wasn't freaked out about it, though. probably because of that bit of back story. his eye was watering, so i gave him some tissues to hold over his eye and told him i was going to the kitchen to get him an ice pack. dream logic told me that would definitely help.

i walk out of my room and in the bathroom i see mom and mandy trying to get bug's hair done. mom sees me and immediately starts yelling at me for not letting bug sleep with me when she took mandy to work. my defense was 'yes i did, what's wrong with you?!' and 'i have to take chris to the ER.'

i head to the kitchen and she's still yelling at me. there were a bunch of people in the kitchen, in my dream i knew they were family and one of the people i did recognize as soni, but outside dream world none of these people were familiar. i grab an ziplock bag out of the pantry and open the freezer to find some ice. apparently the freezer wasn't working, because there was no ice, but lots of water. i kept trying to find anything that was frozen to make an ice pack with. i came across one of those blue gel packs, but it was squishy and totally not good for an ice pack. i also happened on a bag of some sort of frozen pasta dinner in a bag, and i tried to pull out the noodles which were still frozen, but they would thaw out as i pulled them out of the bag. chris comes out into the kitchen and tells me to look at his eye, it was really red and i told him to cover it back up. i told him that the ER wasn't far and a pretty straight shot so if he could help me watch for the other cars that i could drive him.

after that i woke up. for a minute.

after that i woke up in my dream, back in my bed. i immediately know that i'm dreaming because i turn to my right and there is a table sitting next to my bed with my cell phone on it and i know that in real life i don't have a table anymore and that my cell phone sits on the chair.

i got up, looked around and willed myself to wake up.

and i did. for a minute.

i wake up again in my dream with that table sitting next to the bed and am incredibly frustrated that i keep having this dream. i'm fully aware that this is a dream and it pissed me off because i hate dreaming about places that are too realistic. and other than that fucking table my room was exactly the way it should be.

so i willed myself to wake up again.

and i did. for a minute.

then i wake up again in that dream with the stupid table and the cell phone only this time i'm fighting for my life against a vampire that's trying to bite me. i thank my brain for at least giving me a real dream this time.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment