Thursday, September 16, 2010

late birthday blog!


i know i'm six whole days late telling you guys about my awesome birthday. i apologize.

BUT IT WAS AWESOME.

i wanted to take some pics of the presents i got, but my old camera needs some new batteries. sad. D:

so, my birthday started a little before midnight last thursday, when my dude arrived carrying not one, but TWO awesome cakes for me! i had to wait until after midnight to look at them, but here's a little peek at them:

it's my armadillo cake! i have wanted an armadillo cake since the very first time i saw it in the movie 'steel magnolias' (which is a movie i HATE, but i love the cake), i've asked for it years! i can't believe chris actually produced one! that why i love my dude!


but this. i am totally in freakin' love with. i love my dude so much!!!

and just so you know, we're not just piggies. chris is actually not a fan of the cream cheese icing that covers the armadillo, so he brought a smaller regular whipped icing cake. good thing too, turns out mom and dad preferred it to the armadillo as well. he was a little on the sweet and sugary side, but that's why he was delicious!

as far as presents, i got a bunch! i'm gonna try to gather them together and get a nice pic of my birthday haul.

so, spent my actual birthday with my dude. we did a little shopping (finally found the giraffe silly band of my dreams at hot topic!!), picked up my paycheck and got a bunch of work 'happy birthday's', came back home to have some cake with the family, mainly the buglette, before everyone started heading to bed. had the greatest dinner at rafferety's, made our waitress laugh when i told chris that hopefully neither one of us would have a heart attack after demolishing a plate of cheese fries (so good though!). chris was even nice enough to ask me if i wanted to be embarrassed to get free desert. i declined, seeing as we had two cakes sitting at home. :3

needless to say, my chris treated me like a queen all day! it was awesome!

saturday, everybody had to work. sad panda. D:

sunday was spent as an awesome family dinner day, got some delicious potato soup. i even had a giant spoonful of bacon in mine, like even the soup was sayin' happy birthday!

well, don't know what else to blog, other than that i had an amazing birthday with my family and my favorite dude in the world!

peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment