Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a walking blog.

today was a running around day.

the kroger up the street from us is closing (only to reopen as a new kroger RIGHT NEXT DOOR), so all sorts of perishable food-ness was on sale.  we got a lot of good stuff, was pretty excited.  decided to whip up an awesome chicken parmesan, cuz i'm cool like that.

but one of the things we actually needed to get today was a mop.  mops at kroger are obscenely expensive.  i refuse to pay eight dollars for something i'm gonna rub around on my dirty kitchen floor.

since i've been trying to get my 30 minutes of exercise a day in, i decided instead of walking on the boring treadmill that i'd go out into the beautiful sunshine-y day and walk to the dollar store to pick up a cheaper mop.  and it was amazing.  the walk was great, it was the same feeling and resistance of the hills was my incline.  it took almost fifteen minutes to get there, fifteen back.  that made my thirty.  i rewarded my awesomeness at the dollar store with some socks that matched (i was wearing visibly mismatched socks, it made me sad because my shoes were really cute and my socks were ruining it) and a diet mountain dew supernova (which is delicious, btw).

so i'm walking back and mandy calls.  i talk to her for the rest of the way to the house, i was only about five minutes away.  get to the door, sit the phone down, put the key in the lock, turn the knob. . .

it doesn't open.

maybe i have the wrong key.  i put in the other key, turn the knob. . .nothing.

i do this several times, and the key that should be the right key is behaving the same way the wrong key (the key to my parents house) worked.  meaning that it didn't work at all and that turning it just made the lock mock me.

i look at the house.  i know i may have really bad eyesight, but i am one hundred percent sure that this is* my house*, so i don't understand why the key to my house is not opening the door to my house.

i call chris.  chris calls his dad.  chris's dad picks up his key from him at walmart and brings it to me so i can get inside.

i wait outside about 20 or more minutes.  just me, my mop, my diet mountain dew supernova and a very angry damien (phil's cat) who really wanted inside and couldn't understand why i wasn't letting him in.

i can only assume that my key is just defective and i'm going to have to get a new one.  but i will be sure to test the new one before wandering around in the real world.

sigh.

it was very sad, to say the least.  but at least i was greeted by my doctor, who was also probably wondering why he could hear my outside being pissed but wasn't coming in.

sigh again.

anyway, after all that i made an awesome chicken parmesan for dinner.  penne, sauce, mozzerella cheese and frozen giant chicken things.  4 servings, 11 pts.  i'm getting good at this 'making food' thing.

a picture of me matching my blog!  i'm so cool and not still
pissed off at my key.
peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment