Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a blind blog.

ha, not really.  only without my glasses.

i look silly without my glasses.  D:

which i was without for about 15 minutes yesterday (and those are rubber bands around my wrist, not some weird fat roll).  anyway, while cleaning my glasses, i broke the little nose piece off.  and i was very sad.  i thought i could pop it back in, but without my glasses i couldn't *see* my glasses to know how bad it was.  miles was nice enough to look for be and tell me that no, it was broken, but that we had super glue.  to which i replied that my eyes are bad enough without super glue fumes attacking them.

i was going to ignore it and get it fixed tomorrow, but they immediately started sitting crooked and the little metal bit was stabbing me in my face.  so i took my ten minute break and ran down to lenscrafters while simultaneously stuffing a granola bar in my face.

the lady there did fix them, but she also decided they were really dirty and needed a thorough cleaning.  so she cleaned them and put them on this vibrating thing to knock dirt off them and then like, pulled the nose piece off again so she had to put it back on.  and then when she was done she told me about all their sales because in her opinion my glasses are so scratched i shouldn't be wearing them anymore.

i think my glasses were so bad that this lady was insulted to be trying to improve them.  

sigh.

oh well.  if she has about six hundred dollars lying around maybe she can get me some new ones.  :P

peace.

2 comments:

  1. Try going to Lens Crafter during their 50% of lens sale. I usually get mine for around $300 when I do. It saves blind people like us a crap tone of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. then if that lady has three hundred dollars lying around i'll get some new glasses.

    ReplyDelete