Sunday, January 16, 2011

a *sigh* blog.

we'll start this blog with awesomeness.

just had an awesome three-ish days with my dude, even if i had to work two of them.  did a lot of cuddly things, crafty things, shopping things, gaming things and generally hanging out with my husband-to-be kind of things.  it was totally awesome, and yes, i will  keep saying awesome because you just can't have too much awesome.

in other awesome news, my mixed media glass is going pretty well, except for the fact that i'm already tired of drawing tea sets but still has several more tea set drawings looming on the horizon.

i mean, for realsies?  do i need this many
tea sets to choose from?

i'm going to be picking thumbnails from this sheet to use for the rest of this class.  one week down, four and a half more to go.  sigh!  i'm guessing if we continue at three a week i have nine more plus a final.  sigh again.  D:

but now to the real sigh part of my blog.

i'm feeling very torn about my job.  and here's the reason.  i fucking love this job.  i love it.  i do.  the problem here is this:  the manager that hired me was training me to be a key holder so that i could help them out with closing some nights.  the manager that hired me is gone.  i think she transfered to another store, but i'm not sure.  and no more of this training has gone on since she left, so i figure it's not gonna happen now.  and since it's not gonna happen, i've been off about four days a week.  i actually have the next *five* days off this week.

but what i'm really afraid of is this:  the manager that hired me promised to keep me after the holidays as a regular part timer.  i don't think the new manager we get will necessarily have to live up to that.  especially considering now that the holidays are over, this store is *dead*.  i spend a lot of time reading the books in the store because there is nothing going on.  even when the store is full, people just aren't buying anything.  so part of me is afraid that when we do get a new manager i may not even be able to keep my job.

this really sucks for somebody who just got engaged, is trying to move out and also tentatively planning a wedding.

i wonder if all my papa john's phone answering experience would get me points toward a secretarial job.  i can't keep taking these part time retail jobs that make promises to me that they can't keep.  i've taken lots of courses on the most commonly used computer programs, i can make a spread sheet, i can type pretty fast (and with correct capital letters, contrary to the look of my blog), i can answer phones. . .that sounds secretary-ish to me.  anyway, i'm gonna get a resume together and those are the jobs i'm going to apply for.  hopefully that will go well.

oh well.  we'll just have to see.  i'm off now to call my dude and then try to crochet a hat.

peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment